Women Startup Challenge Europe is looking to award £50k to a lucky female-led tech startup as part of its plans to help women entrepreneurs access more funding.
Organised by Women Who Tech – a charity advocating for women in the US technology industry – the startup competition is targetting women-led tech companies across Europe.
Women Startup Challenge Europe is looking to scale a tech business, which could either be at a concept or prototype stage, or have already launched.
The 10 best early-stage startups would then be invited to pitch their business to well-known leaders in the technology world – Baroness Martha Lane Fox, Founder of Doteveryone; Jimmy Wales, Cofounder of Wikipedia; and Marie-Laure Sauty de Chalon, CEO of auFeminin.com.
How to apply –
- Prizes include over €50,000;
- Your tech startup must have the potential to grow;
- You’ve raised less than €2M from combined sources;
- You are a technical Founder or you have a technical Cofounder;
- You are a woman-led startup (defined as at least having at least one woman Cofounder on the team).
- All ideas must be original work or an improvement upon an existing idea.
Read here for more details before applying – The pitch competition will be held on 3rd May at London’s City Hall, hosted by the office of Mayor Sadiq Khan.
Deadline for applying is 8th May by midnight – APPLY