The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and website owners.
For the sake of clarity, unless the context otherwise requires, in this Agreement these expressions shall have the meanings set out below:-
“Affiliate” means organisations which we partner, work or associate with.
1. About Us
This website [www.iamnewgeneration.co.uk] and its owner [I Am New Generation Ltd, a company registered in England with the registration number 09192162 and having its main registered office at 86-90 Paul Street, London. EC2A 4NE] is fully committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you during your visiting experience. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and Data Protection Act 2018.
I Am New Generation Ltd is registered on the Data Protection Public Register and our register number is ZA758157.
2. Information We Collect About You And Why
When you register on our website [www.iamnewgeneration.co.uk], we may collect your name and email address. This allows us to process your registration. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically and knowingly provide it and consented to it.
We do collect some information from cookies and similar software which allows us to understand how you arrive on our website, and use and navigate around them so we can improve the site. We obtain some information from google analytics and Facebook. The Facebook information provided is limited and only that which you have previously agreed with Facebook that they can share.
If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide us with your personal information. Unless you have this consent you are not allowed to give us your information.
For the purposes of Section 13 a subscriber is defined as an “Active Subscriber” and will remain so for a period of 90 days if they have opened an email from [www.iamnewgeneration.co.uk].
Due to the type of data we collect and the nature of our business, we currently have no legal requirement to have a DPO at I Am New Generation Ltd. However, our designated Information Security Officer will be happy to deal with any queries or requests regarding the data we hold about you. Our ISO can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We keep contact form submissions for a certain period for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
3. What We Do With Your Information
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
1.1. Providing our services, events or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and queries.
1.2. For administration use and this means that we may contact you for reasons related to events or online content you have signed up for, to let you know that a service or online site has been suspended for maintenance if your subscription is about to expire to ask if you wish to renew it.
• A certain amount of advertising is tailored to the individual based on viewing and/or purchase habits. This is a common practice known as online behavioural advertising. You can find out more HERE.
• We may show you relevant advertising on third-party sites. See section 12 (on adverts and sponsored links)
• To contact you about a submission you have made including any content you provide.
• We use anonymised IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to establish the number of visits from different countries, to limit/cap adverts of a certain type, personalise content and emails.
• For analysis and research to improve our services and events offered.
• We may use and disclose information in aggregate (so no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
What if I don’t provide some or all of the information requested?
The impact of this will depend on what information you withhold but the main impacts may be:
• We may not be able to contact you to let you know of problems regarding our events/services provided.
• We may not be able to respond fully to requests and queries you may have.
• We cannot personalise the service you receive. So, if you are online you will have to search more for the content type you normally view or for similar/related products.
• Withholding marketing consent. You are free to do this at any time. It will only stop you receiving marketing. It will not impact any other service/events we provide you with.
Contacting you for Marketing Purposes?
We use your personal information to update you about new products/services by email. We will only contact you with your consent. You will provide this by signing up for a newsletter, selecting your preferences in your online account.
We may personalise the message content based on information you provide us with and your use of I Am New Generation Ltd websites.
We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third-party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, and Twitter). This could involve showing you an advertising message where we know you have used I Am New Generation Ltd services. If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from us, some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on that site in future. If you want to stop personalised services from I Am New Generation Ltd, including targeted advertising messages on third party sites you can do so by amending your preferences by emailing us at email@example.com.
You are entitled to withhold this consent and opt out from receiving such communications at any time by not giving your consent on the web form that collects your details. You can also update these options by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will always provide you with a way of opting out of receiving future marketing messages from us, each time we send them to you.
The grounds (legal basis) we are processing the data under?
There are a number of grounds we process your data under. These are
• Contractual – we need the information to perform the contract for events or services you have requested or ordered including payment, delivery etc.
• Legal – should we be legally required to contact you concerning a service or event e.g. event cancellation.
• Legitimate interest – this means the processing is in I Am New Generation Ltd interest. It allows us to manage the customer relationship effectively and efficiently and improve the events and/or services we provide by better understanding how our online provisions are used and which events are popular with which groups of individuals.
• Consent – where you have given us consent to market to you.
4. Sharing Your Information With Third Parties
We may from time to time provide your personal information (in aggregate) to third parties for the purposes of providing you with our services:
- With vendors that we use to process voluntary subscriptions/memberships payment and newsletter for the magazine. These vendors include Mailchimp (newsletter email management); PayPal (voluntary subscriptions payment processing).
- With service providers that perform services or handle event transactions on our behalf.
- With advertisers, advertising- and marketing-related services providers and partners as well as companies that help us learn how you and others interact with our content.
- With social media platforms and similar services, including when you interact with our Digital Services that integrate tools and services provided by social media platforms.
- With business partners, such as when we partner with a third party to offer products or services on a co-branded basis. For example, we may partner with a third party to offer products on a co-branded, co-sponsored or cross-promotional basis that involves the sharing of information.
- We may use and disclose information in aggregate (so no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our rights, and in the context of corporate transactions.
- With your consent or otherwise at your direction.
These third-party do not decide what is done with your data and only process it on our behalf. These third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area; however, we only use providers that provide adequate protection for your information at all times.
When transferring any personal information out with the EEA we only do so under one of the legally recognised transfer mechanisms for ensuring the data is safeguarded. These are:
• The country in question has been deemed safe for data transfer by the European Commission. Also known as an adequacy finding.
• The contract for data processing contains the standard contractual clauses laid down by the European Commission to safeguard the transfer of personal data.
• Binding corporate rules – this is where a large company’s own internal processes for international data transfer have been signed-off and agreed by the European Commission as safeguarding the data.
• If the data is going to the USA it can be safely transferred to a company that is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
• Appropriate certification schemes
We will not provide your data to other third parties for marketing purposes unless you have specifically consented to this when you first provided your data to us.
You are entitled to decline to receive such 3rd party communications by selecting the appropriate box on the web form that collects your details or at any subsequent time by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by using the link in the footer of each newsletter email.
Cookies are small files saved to your computer’s hard drive that track, save and store ‘non-personal’ information about your interactions with the website. We anonymize IP addresses and we may use Session cookies to provide you with a tailored experience to (I Am New Generation Magazine Cookie Declaration):
- help you to navigate our site and to use its services and features
- collect information about your choices and preferences
- enable you to share our pages and content on social media
- collect analytics to inform us about use of the site and enable us to improve it. Google Analytics Cookies allow us to see the overview patterns of usage on the site; we do not examine this information for individually identifying information.
- To display focused promotions or advertisements based upon your interests on the site or to manage our advertising. These Cookies collect information about your activities on this website and others to provide you targeted advertising.
Session cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to do this please go to the ‘settings’ or ‘privacy’ menu of your browser. Please bear in mind that blocking cookies will mean that some website features won’t work properly.
6. How We Protect Your Information
We adhere to strict security procedures in the use, storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. These include firewalls and virus checking procedures.
You are responsible for keeping any access details which you select. Whilst we take steps to ensure the security of your information, there is a risk that any information transmitted over the Internet and stored on a computer may be intercepted or accessed by an unauthorised party. If you think that someone has accessed your information held by us without your permission or gained unauthorised access to your login details, you must notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place, we advise that you close your browser when you have finished you session.
7. Updating Your Personal Information
You are entitled under Data Protection law to require that we update your personal information to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate. In order to maintain the accuracy of the information we hold, you can update your personal details by sending us an email to email@example.com.
What your rights are regarding your Personal Information
Under the Data Protection law you have a number of rights with respect to your personal information which are:
• Correcting your data – You are entitled to have your personal information updated to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate. This can be done by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Consent Withdrawal – You have the right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is currently being done under your consent e.g. marketing email. Consent can be withdrawn for some processing by updating your preferences via the link in your email. You can also send us an email to email@example.com.
• Obtaining a copy of your Information – You are entitled to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
• Deleting your data – You can request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances. These will be specific to each case.
• Data Portability – You are entitled to have us transfer to another controller the personal information that you have provided us with.
• Restricting Processing
You can request a restriction on the processing of your data in some limited circumstances. Examples are concerns over data accuracy or we no longer require to hold your data but you have requested its retention by us to aid you in a legal matter.
• Right to object to processing
You are entitled to request that we stop processing your data for marketing purposes and in other limited circumstances such as asking us not to process your data by wholly automated means or not to analyse your information for targeted content / profiling.
You can action any of these rights by contacting us by email at by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Right to complain to the Regulator for Data Protection
The data protection laws in the UK are regulated and enforced by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Each individual has the right to raise a concern/complaint to the ICO if they have any concerns about how their personal information and/or privacy is treated. You can do this via
The ICO’s website (https://ico.org.uk/concerns ), follow the links or have an online Live Chat
Call the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113
Postal address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
8. Holding Your Information
Some of the information you provide to us will be necessary to carry out repeated tasks, such as verifying your identity when providing our services to you. We will keep this information for as long as you remain a registered user of our site (or Active Subscriber). We may also retain anonymised information for analytical purposes
9. Requesting A Copy Of Your Information
You are entirely entitled to receive a copy of the information that we hold about you. You can do this by contacting email@example.com.
10. External Links To Third Party Website
11. Policy Update
We may update this Policy at any time without notice. We will tell you that we have updated the policy by emailing you at the email address you have provided to us and/or by posting an announcement on the website. By continuing to use the website after we have emailed you or posted a notice informing you of an update, you accept the changes to this Policy.
12. Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served by our advertising partner. Please see their websites for further details. We have opted out of ads based on user interest and demographic categories. However, our site(s) will continue to show ads based on user interactions with an advertiser, such as visits to advertiser sites, known as remarketing.
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to users based on their visit to our sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
You may unsubscribe from our marketing or promotional emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails.
More about – advertising and marketing purposes, including interest-based advertising:
- Developing, managing and conducting advertising and marketing campaigns, promotions and offers, including about our content and services or third parties’ products, services and other initiatives. Interest-based advertising (also known as targeted or personalized advertising or ads) is advertising based on your interests as inferred from your activities over time on the online services operated by third parties, as well as information from other sources. Interest-based ads may consist of text ads, images, animations or videos and may be displayed to you based on various factors, including the context of the site or app in which they appear (e.g., sport or travel section), information you provided to the operator of the site or app (e.g., when you created an account), your activities on the site or app (e.g., pages viewed, searches performed or ads clicked), and information such as your demographic, interests and household information.
13. Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement, and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on abiding by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each social media platform.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and engage with them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. We encourage you to contact us through primary communication channels such as telephone or email if you want to discuss anything sensitive or personal.
This website may use social sharing buttons, which share web content directly from web pages to the selected social media platform. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page through your social media account.
14. Industry Regulation – IPSO
I Am New Generation Magazine is a member of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (which regulates the UK’s magazine and newspaper industry). We abide by the Editors’ Code of Practice and are committed to upholding the highest standards of journalism.
If you think that we have not met those standards and want to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please use this subject title – Reader’s Complaints). If we are unable to resolve your complaint, or if you would like more information about IPSO or the Editors’ Code, contact IPSO on 0300 123 2220 or visit www.ipso.co.uk.
15. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about privacy or you wish to update your details or have them removed from our mailing list at any time, please contact us using email@example.com.
Resources and further information
- Data Protection Legislation [hyperlink: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/contents]
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 [hyperlink: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/introduction/what-are-pecr/]
Last updated: 25th May 2018