The Central Research Laboratory (CRL) 6-month accelerator programme ‘Accelerator 2020’ is open – apply and receive £5k grant towards developing your early stage hardware-focused startup.
Accelerator 2020, which runs from January to July 2020, is focused on product development, market validation, commercial strategy and investor readiness.
The hands-on programme is open to early stage startups looking for investment and growth to scale – or currently going through the process of design for manufacture.
Founders will receive mentoring support, access to an in-house product development team and free workspace, a start-up grant of £5,000, pitching opportunity, access to suppliers in the UK and Shenzhen, China plus many more benefits.
CRL is a purpose built hardware accelerator and co-working space part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund to support innovative startups, building physical products, to take them from early prototype towards manufacture and commercial success.
The standard terms for taking part in the CRL Accelerator are for an option agreement of 3% equity in your business.
Since launching in 2015, CRL accelerator programme has helped hundreds of startups build everything from the next generation of service robots to a startup using toys to help children suffering from chronic eczema, and a new sustainable building materials made from potato waste.
Eligibility criteria for applicants –
- Your business must be registered in the UK and preferably have two or more co-founders within the team but not essential;
- Have a product or business model displaying genuine innovation;
- Have good technical knowledge relevant to the core areas of your hardware development;
- Have ambition to build a scalable physical product business;
- Be able to attend a minimum of 2 days per week.
Application deadline is 1st December 2019.
Image – courtesy of Central Research Laboratory