The 2020 Black British Business Awards (BBBAwards) is back and they are looking for the UK’s brightest black British rising stars from the creative, corporate and tech sector.
From bankers to fashion designers, tech entrepreneurs and artistic directors, the annual BBBAwards celebrates and spotlights the “often unsung contributions” of black business entrepreneurs and professionals to the UK economy.
Last year’s winners of the award includes the authors of the empowering book ‘Slay In Your Lane: The Black Girl Bible’ (Elizabeth Uviebinene and Yomi Adegoke) and Olusiji Sanya, Co-founder of Tranzfar – the world’s first Nigeria-Only money transfer service.
The six categories that you can nominate for both rising stars (for black leaders under 35) and senior leadership are:
- Arts and Media (media, design, fashion, performance art, publishing, advertising);
- Consumer and Luxury (food, beverage, retail, travel, cosmetics, luxury goods);
- Entrepreneur (business must have been operational for 18+ months prior to 23 April 2020);
- Financial Services (banks, brokers, payment services, insurance, regulators);
- Professional Services (law, accounting, management consultancy);
- STEM (health, industrial, telecoms, pharmaceuticals, transport and energy).
Melanie Eusebe and Sophie Chandauka, Chair and Co-Founders of the Black British Business Awards jointly comment: “There are an incredible variety of business leaders and rising stars that are contributing significantly to the UK economy and making strides in their chosen industries.
The awards ceremony and our programmes provide an opportunity for business around the country to identify, celebrate and accelerate the unsung talent that we work with.”
Deadline for submitting your Nominations is 20th April 2020.
Image Courtesy – Black British Business Awards